Custom Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

Nearly finished

I'm getting close to finishing up this small bundle of snowflakes. There were lots of ideas and variations, but in the end I chose to move forward with this group:


The two in the middle (darker blue and green) are the same pattern but with a different center, so they have been diagrammed separately. They are tatted in color so they can be scanned on a white background, though I do prefer tatting snowflakes in white so they can stand out on a Christmas tree.

It looks like I got a little carried away in my snowflake adventure. I didn't realize how many versions I had tatted until I took them all out of my binder and tried to place them on the folding chair:


As you can see I'm not very "efficient" when it comes to designing. I get distracted by far too many possibilities, and cannot stop myself from trying them all out. In a way, I have to force myself to finalize the patterns so that I can move on to other things!

The bundle of 4 patterns + 1 variation will be listed in my Etsy shop in a few weeks. I would like to extend the opportunity to acquire this bundle for free, for those who don't mind doing some light proofreading. I will post more details about that in a few days, so come back to my blog around Wednesday if you are interested. All proofreading positions are now taken, thanks everyone!

Summer begins the season of festivals, which I like to go to as long as the weather isn't too hot (it can reach over 100 degrees Fahrenheit some days). I usually don't take photos, but there was a really neat looking Volkswagen Beetle on display at the Herndon Festival, made of wrought iron:


15 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

I may like to be a proof reader :) if the position has not been taken :) love all your snowflakes and the VW I thought it was quillery at first.

Robin Perfetti said...

Thanks! You are the first, and I can take multiple volunteers, so no worries there :)

muskaan said...

Gorgeous snowflakes !!! Colours suit them :-D
I would've readily volunteered (and am very much tempted), even without a giveaway, except that I have already spread myself far too thin. I have a finger in every pie ;-P But if the need arises, Robin, don't hesitate - I will step up .
That wrought iron filigree is awesome !

Margarets designer cards said...

I would love to be a proof reader to your gorgeous snowflakes, if there is still a place.
I love the car, I don't think it would last long in the UK weather, it's too wet and would rust quickly.
Margaret

Jenn said...

They are all gorgeous! Must have been difficult to narrow it down to 5 :). Would love to proof read or test tat the patterns if you still need volunteers. Otherwise looking forward to the patterns being listed on Etsy :).

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love, love, love those snowflakes! I would be happy to proofread for you if you need help. Now that school is winding down, I'll have a lot more time to pursue my love of tatting, and I'm ready for some smaller projects. I picture a snowflake-filled summer!

GraceT said...

I'm already late to the party! But I, too, think the snowflakes are gorgeous, and I would love to be a proofreader for you.

Violeta said...

Son preciosos.Besos.

Unknown said...

I would also like to proof read if still available.

Robin Perfetti said...

Thanks everyone! I wasn't sure if there would be any interest, but it looks like more than I expected :)

I can take up to 10 volunteers (any more than that and I'm not sure I will be able to keep track of emails). You will only have to proofread one pattern (or test tat if you prefer)...more details Wednesday. If I'm counting right I have 6 people so far.

Margaret, Jenn, and Patty, I don't have your email addresses. If you want to be sure to be on the list, send me a quick message using the "Contact Form" on the right sidebar of my blog.

God's Kid said...

Truly wonderful snowflakes!!! :)
Thanks for sharing the picture of the wedding bug, my daughter would love it!! :)

Neska said...

I would like to test tat your lovely snowflakes.

Unknown said...

Put me down as a test tatter, too. These snowflakes are gorgeous!

Jenn said...

Thanks Robin :). Just saw your message :). I have sent my email address through your "Contact Form" :).

Cindy said...

Beautiful snowflakes - I love the colors. Who needs 'efficient when designing? Ha! I would never finish one design with how easily I am distracted busy possibilities. That beetle is fabulous - I had a '73 Super Beetle back in my college days.