Custom Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Wrapping up

I finished the Frauberger bookmark, and am nearly done with this snowflake (the last item on my "to do" list). It's been hectic trying to get everything ready for Christmas.


These are both tatted in size 80 thread, which I've grown quite fond of. I often find myself designing for smaller thread sizes because I like the dainty look it creates.

Almost all of the presents have been wrapped and put under the tree.


I removed the fencing from around the tree, but you might still notice the random carpeting and bits of cardboard. This is all in an effort to protect the apartment from this little monster:


Despite being nearly 9 years old (about 70 if he were a human) Billy always finds ways to get into trouble. Sometimes, I swear he does it for the attention. He will rip out a piece of carpet and then twitch his head and dance away when he is caught! One time, I followed that up with a game of chase which he really seemed to enjoy. Maybe he's been trying to play games with me all along?

He also loves to sit on the couch while I am tatting, which isn't so good for my pattern notes:


Anyhow, Happy Holidays to everyone who celebrates! I hope we have a mild winter without too much snow. I probably won't be updating the blog until after the New Year...see you then!

5 comments:

God's Kid said...

Gorgeous bookmark and snowflake!!! :)
I can relate to just finishing a tatting project this late!! :)
Have a very Merry Christmas!!! :)

Jenn said...

Gorgeous bookmark! Love that colour combo. Love the snowflake too :).

Billy is adorable! Wish we could have bunnies as pet but they are declared pests in my state :(.

Wishing you and your family a joyous Christmas and a wonderful new year :). Looking forward to seeing more gorgeous designs from you in 2016 :).

Robin Perfetti said...

I used to be an active member of a rabbit forum and remember people from Australia and the U.K. talking about the myxomatosis virus (used to control rabbit population in the wild), and some were not allowed to vaccinate their pets from it. I never knew rabbits were illegal to own in some areas though. They are certainly destructive little creatures, and in addition to bunny proofing the apartment we have to keep a VERY close eye on Billy whenever he comes out to play.

Jane McLellan said...

Lovely bookmark and snowflake. They certainly are dainty in 80. Happy holidays to you and your family.

Fox said...

Ooooh! I want to give that Bilky a big holiday squeeeeze! He is magnificent! Have a Happy! : ))